Volunteers Needed for the PA MORE THAN PINK Walks!
The MORE THAN PINK Walk is made possible by our amazing team of volunteers. Volunteering at the PA MORE THAN PINK Walks is a great opportunity for high school students, college organizations, church groups, and companies!
Register to Volunteer for the East PA Walk at Parx Casino: bit.ly/EastMTPWVolunteer22
Register to Volunteer for the West PA Walk at Schenley Park: bit.ly/VOLUNTEER_MTPW_PGH
· Set-Up Day: Looking to help on set-up day? Volunteers are needed to help set up tents, hang banners, organize food and water, decorate Hope Village, place traffic barriers, signs and more!
o May 6th at Parx Casino 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
o May 7th at Schenley Park 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
· Event day, May 8th
Volunteers are needed to help throughout event day with various jobs including:
· Course Monitor — Great opportunity for parent/child teams! Volunteers will be responsible for cheering on the walkers and ensuring that walkers stay on the assigned course. Please come prepared to stand!
· Food and Water Station — Volunteers will be asked to unload water, food, and supplies for set up in the tent! Must be able and willing to lift to 25 lbs.
· General Support — Tasks will include, but not limited to, assisting with setting up tables, placing signage and banners. Must be able and willing to lift 25 lbs.
· Parking — You will be asked to help set directional barricades in the parking lots and direct participants to the appropriate parking areas.
· T-Shirt Tent — We need individuals to distribute t-shirts to participants who raised $100+ and to survivors and metastatic thrivers.
· Volunteer Tent — Help manage volunteers! Check volunteers in, hand out volunteer t-shirts, assign tasks, give directions, answer questions, and problem solve.
· Hope Village Tent — Volunteers are needed to help decorate and set up Hope Village for a memorable experience for our survivors and metastatic thrivers!
We love our Komen volunteers! There’s still time to register and start a team too!
East PA: komen.org/eastpawalk
West PA: komen.org/westpawalk
About the MORE THAN PINK Walk:
We are thrilled to bring the Susan G. Komen — PA MORE THAN PINK Walks to Parx Casino in Bensalem and Schenley Park in Pittsburgh this Mother’s Day, May 8, 2022 — to laugh, cry, cheer, and celebrate the impact we have when we rally together for those affected by breast cancer. The MORE THAN PINK Walk is our signature fundraising and education event with funds helping support our mission and programs like our Helpline, Treatment Assistance Program, Stand For H.E.R. (Health Equity Revolution), Advocacy and Research. To learn more, please visit our website at: komen.org/eastpawalk or komen.org/westpawalk