Coming Together to Make an IMPACT against Breast Cancer at the 2022 Philadelphia IMPACT Luncheon
The Philadelphia community proudly came together on Friday, October 28 at the Germantown Cricket Club for the Inaugural Philadelphia IMPACT Luncheon.
A special THANK YOU to our 2022 IMPACT Luncheon Committee — a group of passionate women who dedicated time every month to plan the event — to support Susan G. Komen’s vision of a world without breast cancer.
Thank you to our incredible co-hosts, Amy Hamilton and Dr. Richard Bleicher!
A special thank you to our speakers:
Dr. Catherine Loveland-Jones — Breast Surgeon at MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper presented on the importance of early detection and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Tomika Bryant — Komen Scholar and Lifestyle Expert shared her experiences as a breast cancer survivor and more information on Komen’s services including Stand For H.E.R.
We celebrated our 2022 East PA Top Fundraisers! Those who were able to join us:
· Julie Perez — Captain of Julie’s Jewels raised almost $10,000!
· Amy Hamilton, raised $5,760 last year with team PECO!
· The Laster Family who raised nearly $6,300 while celebrating their daughter’s Bat Mitzvah!
· Linda-Jean Schneider captain of Harvan’s Heroes II raised $2,700!
· Mindy Aunkst drove all the way from the Sweetest Place on Earth, Hershey Pennsylvania! Last year she raised $2600!
· Our Komen Scholar — Meryl Weinreb — raised an incredible $2,500
· Looking up to Marjorie’s Susan Schneider raised an amazing $1,590!
·Nicole Bell, of Team PECO, raised over $1100!
Register for the MORE THAN PINK Walk — May 14 at Parx Casino: Komen.org/EastPAWalk